Wednesday 27 February 2013

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy


5 out of 5 Stars!

Honestly, I don't quite know how we got to this point. I hated him on sight. I did this only for the money. I thought he was a fucked up mess. I still think he's a fucked up mess. But so am I. 

I have to admit I had been undecided on this book for ages but when Amazon dropped the price to 99 cents I thought sure why not I may as well give it a go. This was a very short book and it surprised me, I wasn't expecting it to be so good. The characters were very likable and had this amazing realness to them and the story flowed nicely. It was very obvious from the start what Drew's big secret was but that didn't take away from the story at all. His struggle with dealing with his past and Fable dealing with her issues constantly had me in tears. I went into this not knowing who Monica Murphy was but I can guarantee I will now be keeping an eye out for her other books. Seriously, if you haven't read this yet it is so cheap on Amazon and definitely worth having a look at.

Fable hasn't had the easiest of lives, her mum is a drunk that likes to sleep around and her younger brother needing some authority in his life has started getting into trouble. Fable is trying to do the best that she can but definitely needs some help. Money is very scarce around their household and when hottie Drew Callahan comes to her needing a favour she tells hims where to go, until he mentions the $3,000 payment to be had. Drew can't believe the favour that he is asking Fable Maguire for but it needs to be done and he knew that the money would secure it. Drew is having to go home for thanksgiving for one week. His mum and sister died when he was younger and so now its just his dad and his stepmum who has been around since Drew was 2. Drew does not want to go home for the week, he definitely can't go back alone and that is why he has to take Fable. Something bad happened at that house and nobody can ever know and as long as Drew has Fable there for the week then he should be able to handle everything ok...... or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment