Friday 8 February 2013

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga


5 out of 5 Stars!

You won't even know you've crossed the line until it's way back in your rearview mirror. 

I was super keen to start this book. I really just can not put into words how much I have wanted to read this. I knew it was going to be a dark book and knew that there would probably be some detailed, horrific things in there. That is the one and only reason why I had held off on reading this. I wanted to make sure I would be in the right frame of mind to truly appreciate it. I wasn't however expecting the hilarious antics of Howie, my goodness how I love that guy and he just bought a wonderful helping of humour to the book. I also loved that within the first quarter of the book Locard's Exchange Principle was thrown in there. This book is quite descriptive and for a person who loves watching shows and reading books on forensics I enjoyed all the bits of information that was thrown in there. This book truly is a great look into what goes on in a killers mind. I could honestly go on forever about why this book is so fantastic but if this is your kind of thing don't hesitate just go buy the book now, you will love it.

Jasper Dent who is more commonly knows as Jazz has had a very messed up life. He is the son of Billy Dent one of the most notorious serial killers ever known to mankind. A man who's murder count was into triple figures when he was captured. A man who was nicknamed "Butcher Billy" for the horrific way that he murdered his victims. A man who committed the murders in front of his son and taught his son everything he knows from picking the correct victims, carrying out the murder and making sure that no trace of evidence is ever left behind. Jazz is probably more capable then any police officer because of his life surrounded by murders. Jazz continuously hears his fathers voice in his head, always reminding him of details from the past, reminding him that he is the son and he should be continuing on the work that his father left unfinished.

A body of an unknown female then turns up naked, murdered and missing a few fingers. Jazz wants in on the case, he believes that this is a serial killers work and that the knowledge he can bring to the case would be very valuable. What Jazz doesn't realise though is that the killer is following him and is intrigued by him because of who his dad is. The killer also has a plan for Jazz, a plan to bring out the murderer that hides within Jazz.



No comments:

Post a Comment