Friday 1 February 2013

Career Day by Barry Lyga


3 out of 5 Stars!

Career Day is a free 17 page prequel to I Hunt Killers. I didn't even know that there was a prequel to I Hunt Killers so I am very happy that I found it before I started reading the main book. The very second Howie was bought into the story I just sat there grinning like a moron and thinking oh yeah here we go this is going to be awesome, can you say instalove! Getting back to the serious side though, this short prequel was fantastic it hooked me right in and when it ended I was left feeling lost. I need to read more of this and now. 

Jasper has a rather depressing life, and a very disturbing one. Jasper was bought up learning how to kill people and how to clean crime scenes so that there is no evidence left behind. He now lives with his gramma who is losing the plot and is quite crazy. Jasper takes pretty good care of her though and wouldn't dare tell anyone that he looks after her more than she looks after him. His father the person who taught him all about killing is locked away in prison, one of the worst serial killer's in the world. That doesn't stop Jasper from hearing his dad's voice in his head though, he hears it all the time and it is urging him to kill and to take over where his dad left off. Luckily it isn't all doom and gloom for Jasper because he has a fantastic, crazy friend called Howie and this girl that he has just started casually dating, Connie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment