Sunday 10 February 2013

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles


4 out of 5 Stars!

Being afraid to take chances is scarier than actually doing things that challenge you. 

Firstly, the tears my goodness were there tears. This was a very emotional book especially the last quarter. The beginning half of the story was very slow though and that was the major thing that stopped this from being a 5 star book. I was first introduced to Simone Elkeles when I discovered the Perfect Chemistry series and I loved the Fuentes brothers. Although I enjoyed Caleb and Maggie they didn't seem as dynamic as the characters/couples in the "Perfect Chemistry" series. I loved Mrs Reynolds and her philosophies, I thought she was a very interesting character who bought so much to the story. I can't wait for the second book and will now have to reorganise my planned reading for the week so that I can read the second book sooner.

Caleb is getting released from the juvenile detention centre after serving 310 days there for a drink driving hit and run incident. Caleb has served his time and now he wants to be free to start his life again. He isn't expecting things to be so different when he gets home though and he definitely isn't expecting Maggie's hate. Caleb just wants to move on and be given a chance but nobody is going to let him forget about what he did.

If there is one thing that Maggie is sure of it is that she hates Caleb and she will never ever forgive him for what he did to her. Caleb hit her with his car after a night of partying and drinking and because of him she has had to endure physical therapy and a mutated leg that even she is disgusted by. Maggie's parents have split, she has a deformed leg and she has no friends, it is a pretty miserable life for a teenager and that is before she finds out that Caleb is getting released from juvie six months early.


No comments:

Post a Comment