Tuesday 26 February 2013

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


3 out of 5 Stars!

Why do all the hot girls want the jocks and the good boys? We losers are the ones that need you. 

After finishing Take This Regret I needed a story that was going to be cute and fun and this book definitely fit in with that. After the first few chapters the Garrett family had me captivated and laughing. Where was a family like that when I was younger. Samantha and Jase were both very refreshing character's, I loved their attitude's and loved reading about them. I have to admit that some of the attitudes that other people showed towards Jase and his whole family were quite horrible but I guess that we just live in a world where many people are very judgmental. I will admit that the things that happened in the last 30% annoyed me quite a bit and I did find myself not enjoying the book as much as I had been but overall it was an enjoyable read.

From the moment the Garrett's moved in next door Samantha's mum didn't like them and she told Samantha to stay far away from them. She believed them to be a messy noisy bunch that would lower the house values in the neighborhood definitely not the kind of people that Samantha should be mixing with. The Garrett's are a large family, consisting of the parents and 8 children. It is a lot different to Samantha's house where she lives with just her mum and her older sister Tracy. It has been 10 years now that the Garrett's have lived next door and it has been 10 years that Samantha has secretly watched them, fascinated by the way that they live. One moment, one hot summer night changes everything and Samantha soon finds herself secretly spending more and more time with the Garrett's. She has to keep her relationship with Jase a secret from so many but with her spending so much time with him the secret is becoming harder and harder to keep.



No comments:

Post a Comment