Friday 22 February 2013

Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson


4.5 out of 5 Stars!

Once again, I found myself on the edge looking down, wondering when I’d get so close that I’d fall. Or maybe I’d just jump. 

I loved Christian and Elizabeth's story in Lost To You so I was very keen to see what the hell Christian did to go and screw it all up and oh boy did he screw up. If you have read Lost to You then you know all the drama those two went through just to be together and then he did that, the horror! The desperation in this story from both sides was heartbreaking. I was nearly having panic attacks from about 35% onwards because I know every book about 75-80% in the bad boy does something wrong and I didn't want either of them to go through any more drama. I didn't want to continue reading on but I couldn't put the book down. This was one of the most emotional stories I have ever read and the only reason it wasn't a solid 5 stars was because the story dragged on just a little bit too long.

Christian finally has his girl but the happiness and relationship comes to an end after 4 years when Elizabeth drops the pregnancy bombshell. Christian tells Elizabeth she has to choose the baby or him and Elizabeth chooses the baby. It isn't long before the guilt and disgust creeps into Christian but by the time he realises what a mistake he made it is too late. Five years later and Christian is still living with the regret and disgust of what he did to Elizabeth. He keeps waiting to hear from her but he never does. Christian has just moved to continue his career in law, he knows that this is where Elizabeth's family live and some part of him wants to see her again. Then he spots a young girl at the grocery store and he feels a connection, he feels like he knows her and he wonders is this his daughter. 

Elizabeth has been doing fine the last 5 years. After a difficult pregnancy she has her little girl Lizzie and she has been able to provide her with a nice house. She works during the day at the bank to provide them with the money that they need and she always has Natalie and Matthew nearby when she needs someone. When Natalie tells her about a mysterious man at the shops that was chatting to Lizzie and then stalked them through the shops and car park, Elizabeth realises that it was Christian. If there is one thing that she is 100% certain about it is that Christian will not be getting anywhere near her or her little Lizzie.


No comments:

Post a Comment