Saturday 2 February 2013

Burn For Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian


3 out of 5 Stars!

I'm sick of waiting for karma. Karma can suck it. 

I have had this book on my wishlist for a very long time so I was super excited when I finally got it. I did enjoy it but I don't know I guess it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Some of the pranks that they came up with were very clever and I definitely wouldn't have thought of them. My favourite of the three girls was Kat but there were bits that I loved and hated about each of the girls. I didn't like the ending and for some silly reason hadn't realised that this was going to be a trilogy. Hard to say if I will pick up the next book in the series. I would love to see where they go next and what happens with Reeve but I dunno, i'm not 100% convinced.

Burn for Burn is the story of 3 different girls all after one thing, revenge. All three girls live on Jar Island a small island made up of 4 small towns and only one high school. The holiday's have just finished and it is time for the girls to start their senior year. Each of the girls has a secret though, something that has happened to each of them that has dramatically changed them. The three girls first meet in one of the school's bathrooms with two of them crying and the third girl trying to figure out what is wrong with them. Not long after that Kat brings the three girls together again and says that she believes the three of them should make a secret group and get back at the people who wronged them. They start off small and the pranks escalate from there in the end becoming quite dangerous.

Lillia has always had it all, the pretty popular best friend and a spot on the cheerleading squad. Her sister Nadia is set to become everything that Lillia is at the school but Lillia isn't so sure that she wants her sister to be just like her anymore. In fact she is thinking that she needs to do everything that she can to protect her sister from making the same mistakes that she has. 

Kat has just turned 18 and although she presents herself as a hard ass she hasn't always been that way and she still has her moments. Kat thought that she had something going on with Alex but now she isn't so sure and it's made hard by the fact that Alex hangs out with Rennie. Rennie, Lillia and Kat used to all be best friends but now Kat and Rennie are the worst of enemies and Lillia and Kat never spoke after the group separated. 

Mary was forced to leave the island all because of one boy but now she has come back to the island for her senior year. Her family isn't with her so she is staying with her Aunt Bette. The first day of school she spots Reeve and she goes into panic mode and to make matters worst Reeve doesn't even notice her. It's hard to get back at him when he doesn't even know that she exists or is back on Jar Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment