Sunday 17 February 2013

Vain by Fisher Amelie


5 out of 5 Stars!

No one can know sincere happiness, Sophie, without first having known sorrow. One can never appreciate the enormity and rareness of such a fiery bliss without seeing misery, however unfair that may be. 

Oh hells bells, I don't even know where to begin with this book, I didn't want it to end. If you read the blurb you will go into this book expecting a story about a snotty queen bee but what you will get is a touching story of orphans in Uganda. The minute I found this book on Amazon I knew I had to get it and I knew it would be the next book on my to read list pushing it's way past 300+ other books. We often read about the soft, gentle, innocent girls and I needed a change from that. I did think that Sophie changed too early on in the book I wanted more of the spoilt bitchy queen Sophie but after reading the entire book my original complaint was completely forgotten. This book was so incredible and so emotional, my heart broke for those children and it really makes you want to do something to help other children in that position.

Sophie Price is that girl that all the guys love and all the girls hate. She get's away with anything and everything proving that for the rich and beautiful there are no limits. Sophie knows exactly how fabulous she is and she uses it to her advantage all the time, the world is a huge game to her and she is the queen. All queens have their faults though and Sophie's life is on the slide, her game which has always been flawless is now falling apart. First there is the cops busting her for drugs, then there is the embarrassing situation with her dad's potential partner's son. To avoid jail time Sophie is being forced to spend six months at an orphanage in Uganda. What Sophie see's there shocks her and to be honest shocked me as well. The big question now being will it change Sophie or once the six months are up will she come back the same spoilt bitch that she was when she left.


No comments:

Post a Comment