Wednesday 2 January 2013

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen


4 out of 5 Stars!

“It's amazing how the things you remember forever are the things you'd rather forget and the things you desperately want to grasp onto seem to slip away like sand in the wind.” 

Holy guacamole!! I just finished this book and I was reading it at work naughty I know but that's not the worst part. I got to the end of the book and that ending, my goodness that ending I nearly threw my computer screen. I was trying to hold off on reading this book until March but I couldn't wait any longer and besides what better book was there to start off the new year then this one. At least I was warned beforehand about that ending. Jessica Sorensen has amazed me I went from not knowing who she was to buying this book the second it was released cos I just had to have it. Her character's are always so perfect and the way that she tells the story grips you and helps you block out everything else that is happening in the world. I didn't want this book to end I wanted it to go on forever. I need the next book in this series now, like yesterday right now.

Callie hides herself away from the world and she has a very good reason for this. When she was younger someone betrayed her trust and abused her. Six years later and that day still haunts her. She is at a party collecting her brother one night when she witnesses Kayden getting beaten up by his father, fearing that Kayden's dad is going to kill him she jump's in the way and Kayden's father backs off. Callie has just saved Kayden's life and she can see from his scars that this isn't the first time he has been beaten by his father. Kayden's scars are on the outside, Callie's are on the inside. Callie is finally going away to college and there she meets a great guy named Seth who is very similar to her and who has also had a very rough life. One day while walking around the school with Seth, Callie gets rammed into by a guy chasing a ball, that guy is Kayden and he doesn't even recognise her. Not long after Kayden realises that it was Callie that he ran into and he needs to find her again to talk to her, to thank her. With a little help from Seth, Callie and Kayden hang out and the rest well the rest is an awesome ride which you just have to read about.


No comments:

Post a Comment