Tuesday 15 January 2013

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten


3.5 out of 5 Stars!

Iced coffee is my crack 

Early on in the book I was all where do I sign up to get me a Sean of my own. Don't get me wrong I love a dark, intense and brooding guy as much as the next girl but sometimes it is nice to take a break from that and have a sweet, cute and dorky guy as well. Then I got over halfway through and Sean, oh deary, why Sean. I love reading young adult mystery thriller books and although they are rarely 5 star books they are always exactly what I need, they are my comfort zone. This book fit into the above perfectly. I was a little angry with Amanda throughout the book. If I was Ellie's friend I wouldn't have given up on her and would never have stopped helping her in her search for her sister but that's probably just because I love a good mystery. I thought that the addition of the pictures were a nice touch as well.

Two years ago Nina disappeared without a trace. Her sister Ellie was left with her mum feeling very confused and devastated. Ellie has never given up hope that she would find her sister again and she only wishes that her mum had have taken the disappearance seriously from the start. Nina was the kind of girl who did whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted and she didn't care what other people thought of her. After two years of trying to find her again and constant disappointment Ellie finally get's a breakthrough. It all starts with a drawing and a phone number, which then leads to a security camera and the guy who dropped off the box with the first clue. That guy is a dud and Ellie doesn't get any info out of him, she does however meet Sean. Although Sean has no information for Ellie he helps her out with solving a clue and before they know it Sean and Ellie are on a road trip to find Nina, first stop Nebraska. 


No comments:

Post a Comment