Friday 4 January 2013

So Over You by Gwen Hayes


3 out of 5 Stars!

“The devil was his most dangerous when he wasn't being devilish.” 

Ok I have to admit that I didn't go into this expecting much. I am kinda in that spot at the moment where everything I have read lately has been very dark or serious and I needed something light and fluffy to even it out. The only problem was searching through my kindle and my to read shelf all I found was a lot of doom and gloom or angst and then I remembered that I got this book very cheaply ages ago. This book was good but seemed to be missing that extra bit that would have made it a really, really good book. It started off very slowly but about half way through it picked up a little and I really started to get into it.

Layney Logan is neurotic, impatient and one hell of a smart ass, she is also co-chief editor of the struggling school paper. The other co-chief editor is Jimmy Foster and he is also Layney's arch nemesis. The school journalism team are having a meeting to decide which fundraiser they should do to save the school paper and the popular choice is a calendar. Layney doesn't like this idea though because she believes that calendars objectify the people modelling in them. The rest of the journalism team decide that they could do one boy each month from different schools and sporting clubs so that it will be a diversity calendar and will showcase information about each guy not just a pretty picture. Then Jimmy gets the idea that they could do the calendar and get a feature article if Layney goes on twelve dates, one for each guy. This way she can find out all the information that they need for the calendar pages and then just before the release of the calendar they can do the feature article which will be about what girls really look for in a guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment