Monday 21 January 2013

Lengths by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt


2.5 out of 5 Stars!

Life is too short to waste on bullshit. 

I didn't even know that I had this book on my kindle but hey there it was right down near the bottom. The reviews on this one are very, very mixed and I can understand why. Whit pissed me off, not just a little but a lot. I liked that the story was told from the point of view of both Deo and Whit but I found it hard to identify or even really like either of the characters, something just seemed a little forced about them. I really don't want to do a review of complaints but I also thought the carefree attitude of both Deo's mum and Grandpa were very unrealistic. One of them being that way would have been fine but both being like it plus also Rocko being like it and it was a tad overkill. Besides all my complaints though it was a good enough read and it did keep me interested. It did pick up about half way through and became quite a good read but there always seemed to be that little something missing.

Deo has been given a fantastic birthday present from his mum, he gets to go and have a tattoo done, his choice. When Deo get's to the tattoo place he spots Whit and from the get go there is an attraction there. Whit has her secrets though and she doesn't like to let anyone get too close to her, hence the whole sex buddy relationship that she has going on with Ryan. Whit and Deo start hanging out together though and Deo can feel himself falling in love for the first time. Whit is holding back though and it is affecting their weird friendship/relationship in a very bad way.


No comments:

Post a Comment