Thursday 3 January 2013

Kill You Last by Todd Strasser


4 out of 5 Stars

"It's young love. It's passionate, impatient and impetuous." 

Kill You Last is the final book in Todd Strasser's Thrillogy series. This has been quite a good trilogy that I have slowly read over the last two years. I love putting on my detective cap and reading a good mystery and Todd Strasser is yet to disappoint. This book was quite short and constantly had me guessing and changing my mind about who the killer was. I did figure it out just before it happened but at the same time I didn't want to believe it and hoped that I was wrong. While I was reading this I tried to put myself in Shelby's shoes and my god what a horrible thought to have your dad not only a creepy, creep but also the prime suspect in an ongoing investigation plus everything that follows after that. Shelby was definitely a strong character.

Shelby is sitting in the library one day with her friend Roman when she receives a bizarre email saying that she doesn't know what her father has really been up to. Shelby thinks it is a practical joke and leaves it at that. Later, the same day she stops by at her dad's modelling agency to discover the police leaving. Two women have disappeared and both of them had, had photo's taken at the agency. Shelby's best friend Roman is a real crime buff and when they find out the next day that now three women have gone missing Roman is very, very interested. Unfortunately so is everyone at Shelby's school plus the media. With the three missing girls and her dad all over the news other stories are coming up in the media, stories of a scam and also of him taking advantage of young girls. It get's to the point where Shelby doesn't know what to believe and just who she can trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment