Thursday 13 December 2012

Movie Review - Death Note


5 out of 5 Stars

A movie that will have you entertained and intrigued right to the end

So, I have decided to include some movie reviews on my little blog. Firstly, because I can and secondly because sometimes there are movies that simply amaze you and need to be shared with the world. A week ago I watched a little movie called Death Note not the anime series but the actual movie. I have been meaning to watch the anime series for a long time and while flicking through channels on the tv a while back I saw the Death Note movie come up. It was part of the way in and so I only watched a few minutes of it. Those few minutes told me I needed to watch more. I ended out getting the movies and have already watched the first one, IT AMAZED ME!! I understand that not all people like watching foreign films and let's be honest Japanese films are often shall we say different but this is one that you have to check out. This movie had it all and a week later I still can't get it off my mind. The characters were all amazing and I still can't decide who I like more Light or L. The movie had a lot of surprises throughout and that ending with the showdown wowzers!! Can not wait to watch the second movie this weekend.

Light Yagami is studying to become a detective just like his father so that he can help make the world right and lock up all the criminals. Light has noticed though
that a lot of the criminals find a way around punishment and continue to walk the streets. Then fate steps in and Light comes across the Death Note a book where you can well make death happen. Whenever Light writes a person's name in the Death Note that person then dies. Light begins writing in all the names of criminals that have escaped justice or who are currently committing crimes and one by one they all die. Obviously this many people dying around the world does not go unnoticed and soon the police force plus the FBI are trying to work out how all these people are dying and who is killing them. Enter L, L is a mastermind and he believes that he can lure Light out and find out once and for all who is killing all these people. While L is trying to figure out the murders, Light is experimenting more and more with the Death Note and by the end of the movie even Light has found ways around the Death Note's rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment