Wednesday 26 December 2012

Measuring Up by Nyrae Dawn


3 out of 5 Stars!

 Oh, what a shock. A boy who doesn't like to accept help. Colour me surprised.

A very cute and sweet novel. I do love me some Nyrae Dawn and I have had this book sitting on my kindle for quite a while now. The characters from the start were very lovable and they gelled so well together. They both had me smiling in no time. I do have to admit though that about half way through they did start to annoy me a little, I think the story and characters became just a little too cutesy and nothing was really happening. I don't know it's hard to explain but it wasn't really what I was expecting but then again my expectations for anything by Nyrae Dawn are set to a pretty freaking high standard. The ending was nice though and was everything that you hoped for, cute but nice. The best part of this book though was that it got me out jogging again.

Annabel wants to, no needs to lose weight and she needs to do it without the princesses from her school or her mum knowing about it. She makes an appointment with a personal trainer at a dodgy gym on the wrong side of town. It takes her a few attempts and an encounter with a rude, arrogant guy but finally she makes it into the gym. Once inside the gym she finds out that not only is her personal trainer going to be a male because the female trainer quit but that her personal trainer is also going to be Mr Rude and Arrogant from outside. The more Annabel get's to know Tegan though the more she realises that he hides a huge part of himself. In no time at all Tegan and Annabel have formed a bond and are spending extra time together away from the gym.



No comments:

Post a Comment