Tuesday 18 December 2012

Between by Jessica Warman


3.5 out of 5 Stars!

 "You aren't the sharpest sheep in the barn, are you?"

This is the first book I have read by Jessica Warman so I had no idea what to expect but after reading this I will definitely be picking up more of her books. I don't read too many ghost books because they can often get a bit irritating but I felt it would be a nice change and this was definitely one of the better ghost stories out there. This was one of those books that made you feel warm inside and made the rest of the world disappear for a little while. I liked both Elizabeth and Alex from the start. They were interesting character's and although each had their faults they were rather entertaining and had a realness to them. The story was slightly predictable at times but for the most part it did have me guessing right up until just before the first of the big reveals. I enjoyed Jessica's writing and was left feeling nice afterwards. At the end of it I just wanted to hug my husband and pets.

Elizabeth died on her family's yacht on her 18th birthday party with her friends all sleeping inside. While she sit's on the dock trying to piece together what happened a boy appears beside her and he can see, hear and touch Elizabeth. The boy is Alex and he went to school with Elizabeth when he was alive, he was also poor and a loner at school. Of all the people who Elizabeth has to be stuck in this in between with, Alex is one of the worst choices. Alex was a loner at school and Elizabeth was the queen of popularity, they couldn't be more different. Elizabeth is learning things though through Alex's memories, her own memories and by watching her friends and family. Elizabeth and Alex think they need to work together to find out what happened to them before they will be able to move on but trusting each other and showing each other their memories is a battle especially when they both lived such different lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment