Tuesday 5 March 2013

I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells

 
3.5 out of 5 Stars!
 
Fear is about things that you can't control. The future or the dark, or someone trying to kill you. You don't get scared of yourself because you always know what you're going to do.
 
So I needed a break from all the New Adult books and what better way to do that then by reading I Am Not A Serial Killer. As soon as I read what this book was about it had me interested and I couldn't wait to get a look inside the mind of John Wayne Cleaver. What a twisted and fascinating mind John had. This book had me from the start and I can't even put into words what I was thinking and feeling while reading this. I know quite a bit about serial killers so the interesting little bits of information that were thrown into the book kinda felt like home to me. I normally like a bit of paranormal reading but I don't know I think this story would have worked a lot better without the whole demonic monster thing.

John Wayne Cleaver is not your normal 15 year old. He is a mortician and he has also been clinically diagnosed with sociopathy. John has an interesting hobby, he lives and breathes death, he is fascinated by it and is doing everything he can to stop himself from becoming a serial killer. Then a murdered body is found behind the laundromat with it's innards ripped out and chucked to the side. This murder is only the beginning of a killing spree where many people are killed and not all are found. John witnesses one of the murders first hand and what he discovers shocks him. With all the murders going on John is also finding it more and more difficult to keep to the rules that he has set in place to stop himself from becoming what he fears is destined. John has all the knowledge and attributes to be a terrifying and formidable serial killer, the big question being is that what he will become.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment